Gotta get that GLOW! MAC Trends!
Spring/Summer MAC Trend number 3!!
Its all about natural, fresh and beautiful skin!
I love this look, I think its beautiful however some people shy away from it and I’m to talking to you with the oily skin! You shouldn’t be scared of this trend, its all about prepping the skin correctly and anyone can achieve this look! So I’m not going to be a hypocrite and tell you you need to drink litres of water and eat loads of fruit/veg to get healthy skin because I’m not that great at keeping that up. I will say that I should be doing this though as I know the better you take of yourself this easier it is!
This is my lovely model Liv!
Believe it or not she has very oily skin, so I’m going to tell you how we achieved this Day Glow look on her. Sorry in advance for all the MAC products, I’m going to compile a list of dupes for you also.
- Clean skin (of course)
- MAC Fix+. This refreshes, hydrates and prepares the skin for skincare and makeup
- MAC Oil control lotion. Hydrates and controls oil.
- MAC Fast Response Eye Cream. This smooths line, de-puffs and erases the look of dark circles.
- MAC Natural Radiance Primer (pink). This primes the skin, controls oil and has illuminating pearl powders to get that GLOW!
- MAC Strobe Lotion. An iridescent lotion that adds a beautiful glow to any look.
- MAC Face and Body Foundation. This foundation mimics colour and texture of the skin, giving you that natural no makeup look. This can be layered for more coverage.
- MAC Select Moisturecover Concealer. This has medium to full coverage.
- MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. This sets the makeup and controls shine.
- MAC Blush Peachykeen. Then to get that flush of colour a little bit of blush on the apples of the cheeks!
Its understandable that you don’t want all MAC and theres a lot of products in that list, so heres some good alternatives!
In the same order as above;
- Evian water mineral spray
- Dr Nick Lowe Oil Control Day Cream
- Boots Vitamin E Gentle Eye Cream SPF15
- L’oreal studio secrets magic lump light infusing primer
- Autograph (M&S) Liquid glow illuminator
- Rimmel Wake me up foundation
- Collection Lasting perfection concealer
- NYX HD Finishing powder
- NYX powder blush Pinched (a little pinker but still has that natural flush)
What do you think of this trend?
Any better product dupes you could recommend?
Let me know, leave me a comment